Spring 2020 Move-N-Learns
A Move-N-Learn is a free, guided tour of a building or location on KU's beautiful campus! Get some physical activity while learning something new!
For a better tour experience, registration is required prior to the tour. Please register on the link provided under the event you wish to attend.
Earn up to one HealthQuest point for attending a Move-N-Learn.
Individuals seeking reasonable accomodations should contact Faculty and Staff Wellness at firstname.lastname@example.org.
January - Horejsi Family Volleyball Arena (PDF)
- Wednesday, January 8, 2020 from 12:10-12:50 pm
- Tour the team lounge, locker room, athletic training room, and hospitality suite
- Meet at the front entrance of the new facility: 1550 Allen Fieldhouse Dr (map)
- Space is limited to 40. Registration is required.
February - Kenneth Spencer Research Library (PDF)
- Wednesday, February 19, 2020 from 12:10-12:50 pm
- Explore Spencer’s North Gallery, which highlights materials from the library’s impressive distinctive collections and go behind the scenes to walk through KU Libraries’ newly enhanced and renovated conservation lab.
- Meet at the third-floor reception desk.
- Spencer Research Library is located behind Strong Hall. Please enter Spencer on the ground floor beneath the terrace and adjacent to the covered parking area off Poplar Lane (see star on map). The entrance is admittedly not well marked. Once inside the building, attendees should use the elevator or stairs to go up one level to the third floor.
- As of February 7, the doors at Strong Hall leading to the terrace and Spencer Research Library will most likely be locked.
- There is no entrance on the north side of the building, along Memorial Drive.
- Space is limited to 30. Registration is required and is open.
March – Stauffer-Flint Hall (PDF)
- Wednesday, March 18, 2020 from 12:10-12:50 pm
- Come see the renovations to Stauffer-Flint Hall, home of the School of Journalism and Mass Communications, including a new entrance, state-of-the-art broadcast studio, and learn about the Jayhawk Media Group.
- Space is limited to 25. Registration is required and will open closer to the event.
April – Dole Institute of Politics
- Wednesday, April 15, 2020 from 12:10-12:50 pm
- The mission of the Dole Institute of Politics is to promote political and civic participation as well as civil discourse in a bipartisan, balanced manner. The public education coordinator will take you on an in-depth look at the Dole Institute and Archives. The museum gallery highlights Senator Bob Dole’s legacy and career of over 35 years representing Kansas in Congress. The Dole Institute is also home to the world’s largest stained glass American flag, Veteran’s Memory Wall with over 1,000 pictures of Kansas WWII veterans, and two beams from the World Trade Center, a memorial to the victims of 9-11. We’ll also go behind the scenes to see where one of the country’s largest congressional collections is stored.
- Meet in the lobby
- Space is limited to 40. Registration is required and will open closer to the event.
Registering on MyTalent:
- Login to https://mytalent.ku.edu
- Click on “Learning”
- Where it says “Find Learning” type “move n learn”
- If more than one MNL’s appear, select the one that has “see offerings”. “ILT RECSERV-MNL [descriptive text related to event]”
Withdrawing registration on MyTalent:
- Login to https://mytalent.ku.edu
- Navigate to the My Learning Landing Page (Home -> Learning)
- In your “My Learning Assignments” tile, you should see your course selection.
- In the Call to Action area (top right of the item detail) you will see “Enrolled”. Select the down-pointing arrow and select “Withdraw”.
Membership to Ambler Student Recreation Fitness Center is not required to attend.
Stay current with our upcoming events. Subscribe to our mailing list.
Requirements: Be a current KU faculty and staff member and provide a KU email address.