Fall 2019 Lunch-N-Learns
A Lunch-N-Learn is where a presenter presents information about at least one of the eight dimensions of wellness. Faculty and staff may bring a brown bag lunch.
No registration required.
To earn one HealthQuest point for attending a Lunch-N-Learn, sign-in when you arrive (must provide email).
In 2019, earn up to 5 HealthQuest points for attending any combination of these wellness committee events:
Move-N-Learn, Lunch-N-Learn, or KU Faculty and Staff Wellness Fair.
- Wednesday, October 2, 2019 from 12:10-12:50 pm at Ambler Student Recreation Fitness Center, conference room 202
- Do you sit for longer periods, have tight muscles, or want to learn a warm-up or cool down technique for to supplement your exercise program? In this session we will use tools such as foam rollers and tennis and lacrosse balls to help release tension in the soft tissues of the body through myofascial release. Myofascial Release is a safe and effective hands-on technique that involves applying gentle sustained pressure into the myofascial connective tissue to eliminate pain and restore motion.
- Participants will be able to practice these techniques, so wearing exercise attire is recommended.
- Led by Melinda Ball
- Wednesday, November 6, 2019 from 12:10-12:50 pm at the Kansas Union in the Jayhawk room
- Is everyday a Monday? Have you become critical, irritable, or just don't care at work? You may be feeling the effects of burnout. Learn how to spot, prevent, and overcome workplace stress and how it contributes to burnout. Attendees will complete a survey to understand the type of burnout they may be experiencing. The content can also be applied to other areas in life such as students experiencing academic burnout or kids burning out on sports.
- Presented by Katy Holden, MS
December - Fad Diets
- Wednesday, December 4, 2019 from 12:10-12:50 pm at the Kansas Union in the Kansas room
- Do you ever feel overwhelmed by the amount of diets and “eating rules” out there? In this session we will discuss the history, science, and sustainability of three popular diets, including the ketogenic diet, intermittent fasting, and the Mediterranean diet. We will also discuss what the diet industry is and how it affects our lives
- Presented by Jade Gibson, KU Dining's Registered Dietitian
Membership to Ambler Student Recreation Fitness Center is not required to attend.
Stay current with our upcoming events. Subscribe to our mailing list.
Requirements: Be a current KU faculty and staff member and provide a KU email address.