Fall 2017 Lunch-N-Learns
A Lunch-N-Learn is where a presenter presents information about at least one of the eight dimensions of wellness. Faculty and staff may bring a brown bag lunch.
No registration required.
To earn one HealthQuest point for attending a Lunch-N-Learn, sign-in when you arrive and directions to earn a HealthQuest point will be emailed to you.
September - Bicycle Friendly Driving (PDF)
- September 12, 2017 in the Jay/Spare room (level 1) at the Kansas Union from 12:00-1:00 pm
- This is a interactive class, aimed at educating all drivers on the best and safest ways to share the road with bicyclists. Developed by Fort Collins Bicycle Ambassador Program. Click on the PDF for details.
- Presented by Kirsten Yunuba Stephens
November - Helping Others Quit Tobacco (PDF)
- November 16, 2017 in the Malott room at the Kansas Union from 12:10-12:50 pm
- Learn how you can support someone who's quitting tobacco.
- Presented by Patty Quinlan
Earn one HealthQuest point by watching a live webinar for free (earn a maximum of 3 HealthQuest points)! Click on the link below to register for the webinar then view the live presentation to earn your HealthQuest point (your attendance will be noted, no need to do anything else). A recording of the webinar is available; however, a HealthQuest point is only awarded to those who view the live presentation.
These presentations are designed and written by ComPsych's staff of training experts, which includes psychologists who specialize in adult education. Through focused content and interactive facilitation, these 45-60 minute programs are informative and engaging. Live webinars are facilitated by our corporate staff of professional trainers and subject matter experts.
- September 6, 2017 from 12:00-1:00 pm - Eating Healthy on a Budget. Description. Webinar recording.
- September 20, 2017 from 12:00-1:00 pm - Are You Financially on Track for Retirement? Description. Webinar recording.
- October 4, 2017 from 12:00-1:00 pm - Getting the Most Out of Your Health Benefits. Description. Webinar recording.
- November 1, 2017 from 12:00-1:00 pm - Gratitude: A Skill for Healthier Living. Description. Webinar recording.
If you'd like to review all of the types of presentations and suggest future ones, please click here to review the choices and then email email@example.com. Please note if you prefer an in-person (i.e., on campus) or webinar presentation.
Membership to Ambler Student Recreation Fitness Center is not required to attend.
Stay current with our upcoming events. Subscribe to our mailing list.
Requirements: Be a current KU faculty and staff member and provide a KU email address.