Faculty & Staff Wellness Fair
The KU Faculty & Staff 2020 Wellness Fair is cancelled in respect for the University’s decision to cancel events exceeding 50 participants. This event has historically drawn more than 250 faculty and staff and last year more than 330, plus vendors and volunteers! By canceling the event, we are doing our part to maintain social distancing.
Cancelled: Wednesday, April 8, 2020 from 10:30 am to 1:00 pm
KU Memorial Union, Ballroom
Work Well, Play Well, Be Well.
The goal of the Faculty and Staff Wellness Committee is to help facilitate healthy lifestyle opportunities for our faculty and staff. Over 50 different businesses and organizations from campus and the local community will attend to promote wellness opportunities for you as an employee of the University of Kansas.
KU faculty, staff, and affiliates.
Kansas Union in the Ballroom. Depending on the number of vendors, vendors may be included in the Parlors and Jayhawk. Please enter the Fair through the Ballroom.
We plan to offer:
- Health coaching available in Alcove D on Level 3 of the Kansas Union
- Biometric screenings in the Jay Room on Level 1 at the Kansas Union from 8:00 am to 1:00 pm.
- Fasting is required due to the blood test completed during the screening.
- Sign up for an appointment at your HealthQuest Rewards account. (Log In and click on “ Biometric Screenings” from the left hand menu list. Then click on the calendar to schedule) or call 1-888-275-1205, option 3, available 24/7. Appointments are highly recommended. Walk-ins may be subject to a wait time which may vary.
- Free 5-10 minute chair massages
- Opportunities to talk to health coaches about nutrition and dietary needs
- Holistic health and healing resources
- Ways to improve your stress management skills
- A variety of local and community wellness organizations and business
- Healthy and easy cooking recipes
- Financial advising resources
- New ways to balance your 8 Dimensions of Wellness
Random door prizes may include (do not need to be present to win):
- Essential oils
- Free memberships/class
- Water bottles
- Free health assessments
- Gift certificates
- Baskets with healthy goodies
Respectfully, the KU Faculty and Staff Wellness committee and The University of Kansas does not endorse the vendors' products and services.