- Wednesday, January 9, 2019 from 12:10-12:50 pm
- Please meet in the main lobby located in the southeast corner of the building
- Wednesday, February 20 from 12:10-12:50 pm
- Tour Lindley, Ritchie, and Slawson Halls
- Please meet at the south entrance of Slawson Hall, right outside the Beren Petroleum Center
March - Integrated Science Building
- Wednesday, March 20, from 12:10-12:50 pm
- Meeting location: Outside ISB at the Jayhawk statue
April - KU Natural History Museum
- Wednesday, April 17, from 12:10-12:50 pm
- Learn about the Biodiversity Institute, mosasaur, and Paleo era (amazing fossils, including large and small dinosaurs, fish fossils, plus our gorgeous and lush Paleo Garden with plant fossils and their living relatives).
- There may be a few minutes at the end to explore other areas such as the live bees/beehive, live snakes on the 6th floor, or the Explore Biodiversity case.
- The original grotesques are all around the museum right now while Karl Ramberg is out front carving new ones.
- Wednesday, October 24, 2018 from 12:10-12:50 pm
- Located on West Campus. Northeast of the KU Endowment Association Building and south of the Lied Center.
- Participation is limited to the first 40 who register. If more than 40 register, a waitlist will be created automatically based on the order of registration. On Friday,October 19th, you will be notified if you're able to attend (via meeting request) or if you're on the waitlist (via email).
- Please bring a copy or have on your phone if you'd like to reference the handout (PDF) at the event.
- As of Tues, 10/23 at 4:40 pm, there are a handful of spaces left, so please continue to register.
- Wednesday, November 14, 2018 from 12:10-12:50 pm
- Tour Learned Engineering Expansion Phase 2 (LEEP2); Measurement, Materials and Sustainable Environment Center (M2SEC); Learned Hall; and Eaton Hall
- Meet at the LEEP2 building on the first floor in McClendon Atrium
- We're trying a new registration process through My Talent for this event:
- Registration is required.
- For those wanting a HealthQuest point, when registering on My Talent, you will not need your SOKS ID. After attending the event, you be emailed a form to complete and this is when you'll enter your SOKS ID.
- Due to the new registration system, KU affiliates will need to email email@example.com to register for the event. At this time, participation for November's MNL featuring the School of Engineering is unlimited. However, in the event that participation is limited for this or future events, affiliates will be added to the group based on the timestamp of when your email was received. In the email, simply note that you'd like to attend the event.
- Please register here: Move-N-Learn featuring the School of Engineering.
- Wednesday, February 7, 2018 at Ambler Student Recreation Fitness Center conference room 202 from 12:10-12:50 pm
- Learn about the benefits of cardiovascular exercise, calculate your target heart rate zone, and get tips about making cardio fun. Then we'll walk around the indoor track at ASRFC or get on some cardio to implement what you learned. Please dress in exercise attire or comfortable clothing. Tennis shoes required.
- This is a Lunch-N-Learn and Walk-N-Learn.
- Membership to Ambler Student Recreation Fitness Center is not required to attend.
- Benefits of Cardio Handout (PDF); Sample Cardio Workouts/RPE Scale (PDF)
- Wed, March 7, 2018 from 12:10-12:50 pm
- Explore the recently renovated offices - the Military Affiliated Student Center, University Career Center, and Film and Media Studies - in Summerfield Hall.
- Tues, April 10, 2018 from 12:00-1:00 pm
- Join us for a rededication ceremony to unveil a new logo and wayfare signage for the Hawk Route (12:00-12:20 pm). Then experience* the Hawk Route, an accessible and inclusive indoor and outdoor path connecting Jayhawk Blvd to Sunnyside Ave. On the descent learn about the Hawk Route (approximately 12:20-12:40 pm). On the way back, transverse the Hawk Route with use of a wheelchair and/or audio description of the route (approximately 12:40-1:00 pm). The activities described below are optional as well as traveling up the hill. We will take the same route back that we took coming down. Audio Description gives people with vision impairments access to the visual information presented in a video, performance, or exhibit. The audio description of the Hawk Route provides narrative instructions on navigating the route. It is intended to provide equal access to the Hawk Route for people with vision impairments.
- *We encourage everyone to participate in the experiential portion of the Hawk Route even for just a couple of minutes. Those wishing to experience the Hawk Route with use of the audio description of the route, should have the audio recording of the route from Sunnyside to Jayhawk Blvd pulled up on the their phone and bring headphones (so we don't hear several recordings playing at once). A few sleeping masks will be shared among the group and you’re welcome to bring your own mask/ eye covering. You'll pair up with a person, so they can help keep you navigate the course. The partners will pair up at the Move-N-Learn and will switch roles at their own convenience. We recommend viewing the video from Sunnyside to Jayhawk Blvd (click on the first of three videos) to help familiarize yourself with the audio recording's directions. You may also experience the route with the use of a wheelchair. A wheelchair will be provided for shared use on the route.
- Videos, audio recording, and written directions to guide you through the Hawk Route are available here.
- Meet in front of Budig Hall on the east side of the building.
- UDK article about the Hawk Route
- Hawk Route article published in Disability Compliance for Higher Education
- Wed, May 23, 2018 from 12:00-1:00 pm
- Meet in front of Parking and Transit Office
November - KPR Radio (PDF)
- November 1st from 12:10-12:50 pm
June - Watson Library
- June 21, 2017 from 12:10-12:50 pm
- Please meet in the lobby.
July - Self Hall, Oswald Hall, and Daisy Hill Commons
- July 19, 2017 from 12:10-12:50 pm
- Please meet in Daisy Hill Commons.
- January 9, 2017 from 12:00 to 1:00 pm
- Meet at the Robinson Center on the east side entry of Robinson near the swimming pools.
- Will tour Robinson to see the aquatic facilities and workout area. Then we'll go to Watkins Health Center to learn about the Immediate Care Clinic, pharmacy, and massage. We'll conclude the tour at Ambler Student Recreation Fitness Center. Learn about outdoor rental equipment, personal training, and fitness areas.
- Ambler Student Recreation Fitness Center is offering a free week trial to KU faculty and staff between Monday, January 9 and Sunday, January 15, 2017. Attend January’s Walk-N-Learn to learn more about Recreation Services' programs and facilities.
- Robinson Center information (PDF)
- Watkins Health Services information (PDF)
- Massage Therapy Benefits and Rates (PDF)
- Immediate Care Clinic information (PDF)
- Ambler Student Recreation Fitness Center (ASRFC) information (PDF)
- CRT Orientation at ASRFC (i.e., a instruction on how to use weight machines)
- Strength Camp and Fit45 small group training at ASRFC
- February 15, 2017 from 12:10-12:50 pm.
- Attendees will explore the Spencer Museum of Art, which recently completed an 18-month renovation that transformed exhibition and educational spaces.
- Tour led by Elizabeth Kanost.
- Address: 1301 Mississippi St
- March 15, 2017 from 12:10-12:50 pm
- Registration is limited to 60 people and required.
- April 26, 2017 from 12:10-12:35 pm
- Please meet in the lobby.
- Wednesday, October 26, 2016 from 12:10-12:50 pm
- In collaboration with Graduate Military Programs. Tour led by Randy Masten and Roy Parker.
- Meet at the eagle in front of the Natural History Museum.
- Wednesday, September 21, 2016 from 12:10-12:50 pm
- In collaboration with Center for Sustainability. Tour led by Kim Criner.
- Meet in the front of Fraser Hall. The tour will loop down to the Prairie, pass by the steam plant back up to Jayhawk Blvd., and end by Potter Lake.
- The route can be adapted if accommodations are needed. When registering, please describe in the comments section.
- Wednesday, July 27, 2016 from 12:10-12:50 pm
- Meet at the west entrance facing Naismith Dr/Allen Fieldhouse
DeBruce Center and McCarthy Hall Apartments
- 20 minute tour of the first floor of McCarthy Hall from 12:10 to 12:30 pm on Wednesday, June 29, 2016. Meet at the front doors facing Naismith Dr.
- 20 minute tour of the DeBruce Center from 12:40 to 1:00 pm on Wednesday, June 29, 2016. Meet at the front doors facing Naismith Dr