KU Faculty and Staff Wellness Fair 2020
The KU Faculty & Staff 2020 Wellness Fair is cancelled in respect for the University’s decision to cancel events exceeding 50 participants. This event has historically drawn more than 250 faculty and staff and last year more than 330, plus vendors and volunteers! By canceling the event, we are doing our part to maintain social distancing.
Event Date: Wednesday, April 8, 2020 from 10:30 am -1:00 pm - CANCELLED
- Set-up starts at 9:30 am
- Vendors must table from the start to the end of the Wellness Fair (10:30 am to 1:00 pm). Arriving late or leaving early will forfeit future attendance.
- The deadline to register has been extended to Sunday, March 15, 2020
Vendor attendance at the wellness fair is based on a first-come, registration basis. In effort to provide variety, if multiple vendors register offering similar products/programs/services, the Faculty and Staff Wellness Committee may limit the number of vendors. Vendors will receive attendance confirmation closer to the date of the fair.
What is the Faculty and Staff Wellness Fair?
The Faculty and Staff Wellness Fair showcases a variety of wellness services available to KU Faculty and Staff within KU, Lawrence, and the Kansas City community. Vendors promote at least one of the eight dimensions of wellness: Environmental, financial, intellectual, occupational, physical, psychological, social, or spiritual. A record setting 320+ KU faculty and staff attended in 2019!
How much does it cost to be a vendor?
It is FREE to be a vendor.
Where is the fair?
- At the KU Memorial Union, 1301 Jayhawk Blvd. Lawrence, KS 66045, in the Ballroom.
- Depending on the number of vendors, vendors may be included in the Parlors and Jayhawk. Attendees will enter the Fair through the Ballroom and exit out of Jayhawk.
- One table and two chairs will be provided. Tables are either a full, six-foot table or half of a six-foot table, meaning you will share a six-foot table with another vendor (you will have 3-feet to display your information). You also have the option of having a table with electricity.
- You may bring your own massage chair(s) and/or other equipment.
- If you prefer a table covering or extension cord, please bring your own.
- Free Wi-Fi connection.
- Selling goods and services is prohibited; however, you may have random drawings.
Parking is available at the Mississippi Street Garage just north of the Kansas Union. On August 20, 2018, Mississippi Street Parking Garage switched to a license plate recognition system. Instead of using gates and pulling tickets upon entry/paying at exit, license plates will be scanned upon entrance and exit and those parking in the garage are expected to either have a valid permit linked to their plate or pre-pay for parking upon arrival using a pay station (see "hourly parking..." below) or the ParkMobile app. An alternative to parking in the garage is metered parking throughout campus; meters accept coin payments. Click here for a map. More info at: rockcha.lk/Garages
Hourly Parking (Non-Permit Holders/Visitors)
- Take a picture of your license plate, or write your plate information down, and proceed to the pay station within 15 minutes of entering the garage to pre-pay for parking.
- Another option is to pre-pay for your parking time using the ParkMobile app.
- Failure to pre-pay for the length of time you will be parked in the garage will result in a ticket being issued.
- It is important that license plates are parked facing the drive lane in garages as is required in surface lots. Failure to park with your license plate clearly visible from the driving lane will result in a ticket being issued.
- Payment can be made at pay stations with a Visa, MasterCard, American Express, or Discover card or with cash. Pay stations are unable to give change, so be sure to have exact change if paying cash.
- Pay stations at the Mississippi Street Parking Garage can be found at: SW stair tower on levels 1, 4, and 5
For sponsorship questions, please contact MarSue Mackey at email@example.com or 785-864-7710.
For all other questions, please contact Miranda Kolenda at firstname.lastname@example.org or 785-864-1822.