Tobacco Cessation Resources
Effective July 1, 2018 The University of Kansas became a tobacco free campus. For more information, click here.
ON CAMPUS PROGRAM
KanUquit Tobacco Cessation Program Provided by Watkins Health Services
State Employee Health Plan
- State Employee Health Plan offers a free 12-week Tobacco Cessation program through the HealthQuest portal for eligible faculty and staff and covered adult family members. Work with a coach telephonically or face-to-face. To register call 1-888-275-1205 or click here.
- Thinking about quitting smoking? Plan to attend a free class offered by Lawrence Memorial Hospital twice a year in January and November that covers the basic steps to successfully quitting. Topics include: ways to break the smoking habit, pharmaceutical and nicotine replacement assists, preventing weight gain after quitting, and dealing with stress during the quit process. Call 785-749-5800 or email to enroll. For more information, click here then type "quit smoking" in the search bar.
APPS & TEXT MESSAGING SERVICES
- SmokefreeTXT is a free mobile text messaging service. The program provides 24/7 encouragement, advice, and tips to help smokers quit tobacco and stay quit. It's a 6- to 8-week program in which users receive 1 to 5 messages a day and can even receive additional support by texting one of SmokefreeTXT's keywords. Message and data rates may apply.
- The Schroeder Institute for Tobacco Research & Policy Studies offers a free app to download for Android or iOS devices to assist tobacco use cessation with exercises, twits and blogs from those quitting, and training tools. Downloaded the app here.
- Smokefree.gov provides free, accurate, evidence-based information and professional assistance to help support the immediate and long-term needs of people trying to quit smoking. Personalize your quit experience, get 24/7 support by downloading apps, and participate in daily challenges.