February - Gardening (PDF)
- February 1, 2017 in the in the English Room at the Kansas Union from 12:10-12:50 pm
- Sandra Siebert, Master Gardener, will demonstrate how to plant seeds and answer all of your gardening questions!
- Douglas County Master Gardener horticulture hotline and contact information (JPEG) (website, email, phone number)
- Vegetable Garden Planning Guide (PDF)
March - Benefits of Massage (PDF)
- March 1, 2017 in the 1st floor conference room at Watkins Health Center
- Enter into a random drawing to win a free 30-minute massage! Three winners will be drawn!
- Presenters: Jennifer Hibbard and Kayla Short
- April 12, 2017 in the in the English Room at the Kansas Union from 12:10-12:50 pm
- Presenter: Leticia Gradington
- Do you ever wish you knew more about personal finance? No matter where you are in your financial journey, there always is more to learn. In attending this event our goal is to raise awareness, to increase skills and knowledge related to personal finance, and to guide you to helpful resources. Research shows that financial education is most effective when it is relevant to a decision you are faced with right now. Your spending, Your savings, Your future.
December - Mindful Meditation (PDF)
- December 7, 2016 in the Malott Room at the Kansas Union from 12:10-12:50 pm
- Nomi Redding will present on mindful mediation and will walk the group through a 5-minute meditation
- Reduce stress, depression, and anxiety in just 5 minutes!
- Benefits of Meditation (PDF)
- Excerpt from Applied Attention by Dave Mochel (PDF)
- Mindfulness resources - books, websites, magazine, technology (PDF)
November - Acupuncture (PDF)
- November 2, 2016 in the English Room at the Kansas Union from 12:10-12:50 pm
- Learn how 5 needle point acupuncture reduces stress and addiction to tobacco, alcohol, sugar, caffeine, drugs, and more. Within 5 minutes, this technique helps with coping.
- Attendees will get to try the technique.
- Presented by Rachel DaPron, and Acupuncturist from from Bodhi Tree Holistic Healing
October - Hunger Awareness + Cooking Demo (PDF)
- October 5, 2016 at Watkins Heath Center in the Crimson and Blue room from 12:10-12:50 pm
- October is Hunger Awareness Month at KU
- Elizabeth Keever, Executive Director of Just Food, will raise awareness about how the community can help reduce hunger in Douglas County
- Kelsey Fortin will provide updates on KU’s initiative – KU Fights Hunger and will give a cooking demonstration about eating healthy on a budget (Recipe - PDF)
September - Ergonomics in the Workplace (PDF)
- September 7, 2016 in the English Room at the Kansas Union from 12:10-12:50 pm
- TherapyWorks’ shares how to make your work environment ergonomically efficient! (PDF of PowerPoint presentation)
- Wednesday, May 4, 2016 from 12:10-1:10 pm at the Kansas Union, Big 12
- Coach Andrea Hudy, nationally acclaimed Sports Performance Coach for the NCAA Men's KU basketball championship team and author of Power Positions
- Coach Hudy’s 3 tips will build the best you!
- Learn how health, vitality, strength and mobility influence movement, the basis of life.
- Understand how nutrition and sleep aid in recovery.
- Be a leader and someone you love.
April - Walk Kansas (PDF)
- Wednesday, April 6, 2016 from 12:10-1:10 pm at the Kansas Union, Pine Room
- Susan Johnson from Walk Kansas will review the challenge objectives and how to register.
- Your team can walk across Kansas, around Kansas, or diagonally across the state.
- Please note, your team can register after the deadline, and t-shirts will be available for purchase after the deadline.
March - Building a Healthy Meal (PDF)
- Wednesday, March 2, 2016 from 12:10-1:10 pm at the Kansas Union, Pine Room
- Join Kelsey Fortin, Health Educator with Watkins Health Center, and Christine Ebert, Registered Dietitian with KU Dining Services, as they give a nutrition lesson and prepare a healthy lunch option!
- Handout (PDF)
- Recipe (PDF)
- Wednesday, February 3, 2016 from 12:10-1:10 pm at the Kansas Union, Pine Room
- Presenter: Grant Catloth, Co-Owner of Ad Astra Running
- Learning Objectives: Understand the importance of proper fitting shoes and learn what shoe is best for your feet
- Question and answer session
- Runners and walkers are welcome!
- Attendees will receive a '$15 off shoes' coupon
December - Managing Holiday Stress (PDF)
- Wednesday, December 2, 2015 from 12:10-1:10 pm at Kansas Union, English Room
November - Sleep Number (PDF)
- Wednesday, November 4, 2015 from 12:10-1:10 pm at Kansas Union, English Room
October - The Art of Patience (PDF)
- Wednesday, October 7, 2015 from 12:10-1:10 pm at Kansas Union, English Room
- Topic- Employee Assistance Program
- Presenter- Alec Hawley
- Youtube Video Part 1
- Youtube Video Part 2
- Topic- Health Benefits of Chinese Medicine
- Presenter- Supriya Desai
- Youtube Video of Presentation Part 1
- Youtube Video of Presentation Part 2
- Power Point Presenation (pdf)
- Topic- Living Sustainably
- Presenter- Jeffrey R. Severin
- Youtube Video of Presentation
- Topic- Chiropractic Experience Wellness Center
- Presenter- Dr. Mark Howarter
- Youtube Video of Presentation. Part 1 and Part 2
- Topic- Staff and Faculty Exercise Program(pdf)
- Presenter- Dr. Mary Fry
- Topic- Selecting the Correct Shoes for You
- Presenter- Grant Catloth from Garry Gribbles Running Sports
- Topic- KU Dining Services(pdf)
- Presenter- Mary Rondon, MS, RD, LD