Spring 2018 Walk-N-Learns
A Walk-N-Learn is a free, guided tour of a building or location on KU's beautiful campus! Wear your walking shoes and get some physical activity while learning something new!
For a better tour experience, registration is required prior to the tour.
To earn a HealthQuest point for attending a Walk-N-Learn, please register on the link provided under the event you wish to attend. For accommodations please email, firstname.lastname@example.org.
You will receive a meeting request to confirm your attendance a few days days before the event.
For more pictures of past Walk-N-Learns, visit our Facebook page and “like” us while you’re there!
- Wednesday, February 7, 2018 at Ambler Student Recreation Fitness Center conference room 202 from 12:10-12:50 pm
- Learn about the benefits of cardiovascular exercise, calculate your target heart rate zone, and get tips about making cardio fun. Then we'll walk around the indoor track at ASRFC or get on some cardio to implement what you learned. Please dress in exercise attire or comfortable clothing. Tennis shoes required.
- This is a Lunch-N-Learn and Walk-N-Learn.
- Membership to Ambler Student Recreation Fitness Center is not required to attend.
- Led by Miranda Kolenda
- Registration is required.
- Benefits of Cardio Handout (PDF); Sample Cardio Workouts/RPE Scale (PDF)
March - Summerfield Hall
- Wed, March 7, 2018 from 12:10-12:50 pm
- Explore the recently renovated offices - the Military Affiliated Student Center, University Career Center, and Film and Media Studies - in Summerfield Hall.
- Registration is required. Please click here.
April - HawkRoute
- Tues, April 10, 2018 from 12:00-1:00 pm
- Join us for a ribbon cutting ceremony to unveil the new signs for the HawkRoute. Then traverse the HawkRoute, an inclusive indoor and outdoor path that connects Jayhawk Blvd to Sunnyside Ave (approximately 0.75 miles)!
- Meet in front of Budig Hall
- UDK article about the Hawk Route
Membership to Ambler Student Recreation Fitness Center is not required to attend.
Stay current with our upcoming events. Subscribe to our mailing list.
Requirements: Be a current KU faculty and staff member and provide a KU email address.