- December 7, 2016 in the Malott Room at the Kansas Union from 12:10-12:50 pm
- Nomi Redding will present on mindful mediation and will walk the group through a 5-minute meditation
- Reduce stress, depression, and anxiety in just 5 minutes!
- Benefits of Meditation (PDF)
- Excerpt from Applied Attention by Dave Mochel (PDF)
- Mindfulness resources - books, websites, magazine, technology (PDF)
- November 2, 2016 in the English Room at the Kansas Union from 12:10-12:50 pm
- Learn how 5 needle point acupuncture reduces stress and addiction to tobacco, alcohol, sugar, caffeine, drugs, and more. Within 5 minutes, this technique helps with coping.
- Attendees will get to try the technique.
- Presented by Rachel DaPron, and Acupuncturist from from Bodhi Tree Holistic Healing
- October 5, 2016 at Watkins Heath Center in the Crimson and Blue room from 12:10-12:50 pm
- October is Hunger Awareness Month at KU
- Elizabeth Keever, Executive Director of Just Food, will raise awareness about how the community can help reduce hunger in Douglas County
- Kelsey Fortin will provide updates on KU’s initiative – KU Fights Hunger and will give a cooking demonstration about eating healthy on a budget (Recipe - PDF)
- September 7, 2016 in the English Room at the Kansas Union from 12:10-12:50 pm
- TherapyWorks’ shares how to make your work environment ergonomically efficient! (PDF of PowerPoint presentation)
- Wednesday, May 4, 2016 from 12:10-1:10 pm at the Kansas Union, Big 12
- Coach Andrea Hudy, nationally acclaimed Sports Performance Coach for the NCAA Men's KU basketball championship team and author of Power Positions
- Coach Hudy’s 3 tips will build the best you!
- Learn how health, vitality, strength and mobility influence movement, the basis of life.
- Understand how nutrition and sleep aid in recovery.
- Be a leader and someone you love.
- Wednesday, April 6, 2016 from 12:10-1:10 pm at the Kansas Union, Pine Room
- Susan Johnson from Walk Kansas will review the challenge objectives and how to register.
- Your team can walk across Kansas, around Kansas, or diagonally across the state.
- Please note, your team can register after the deadline, and t-shirts will be available for purchase after the deadline.
- Wednesday, March 2, 2016 from 12:10-1:10 pm at the Kansas Union, Pine Room
- Join Kelsey Fortin, Health Educator with Watkins Health Center, and Christine Ebert, Registered Dietitian with KU Dining Services, as they give a nutrition lesson and prepare a healthy lunch option!
- Handout (PDF)
- Recipe (PDF)
- Wednesday, February 3, 2016 from 12:10-1:10 pm at the Kansas Union, Pine Room
- Presenter: Grant Catloth, Co-Owner of Ad Astra Running
- Learning Objectives: Understand the importance of proper fitting shoes and learn what shoe is best for your feet
- Question and answer session
- Runners and walkers are welcome!
- Attendees will receive a '$15 off shoes' coupon
- Wednesday, December 2, 2015 from 12:10-1:10 pm at Kansas Union, English Room
- Wednesday, November 4, 2015 from 12:10-1:10 pm at Kansas Union, English Room
- Wednesday, October 7, 2015 from 12:10-1:10 pm at Kansas Union, English Room
- Topic- Employee Assistance Program
- Presenter- Alec Hawley
- Youtube Video Part 1
- Youtube Video Part 2
- Topic- Health Benefits of Chinese Medicine
- Presenter- Supriya Desai
- Youtube Video of Presentation Part 1
- Youtube Video of Presentation Part 2
- Power Point Presenation (pdf)
- Topic- Living Sustainably
- Presenter- Jeffrey R. Severin
- Youtube Video of Presentation
- Topic- Chiropractic Experience Wellness Center
- Presenter- Dr. Mark Howarter
- Youtube Video of Presentation. Part 1 and Part 2
- Topic- Staff and Faculty Exercise Program(pdf)
- Presenter- Dr. Mary Fry
- Topic- Selecting the Correct Shoes for You
- Presenter- Grant Catloth from Garry Gribbles Running Sports
- Topic- KU Dining Services(pdf)
- Presenter- Mary Rondon, MS, RD, LD